Saturday, August 06, 2011

 

Maui


Our first Maui sunset . . .
Chris and I went on our long planned and much anticipated trip to Maui this past month and it was amazing! We are so thankful to Noni and Papa Brian for watching the kiddos for us for 10 days! The kids had a great time and needless to say Chris and I did too! We explored many of the beaches and sights on the west side of the island, enjoyed the cool temperatures and fog at Haleakala Crater, spent a few days in a resort hotel with a beautiful ocean front room in Kaanapali, snorkeled, paddleboarded, went shopping and relaxed. I was a bit worried when the in-flight movie was "Soul Surfer" which tells the (true) story of a young surfer girl who gets her arm ripped off in a shark attack . . . in Hawaii. I definitely had the hibijibis the first day when we were out snorkeling, but all was good no sharks sighted!

I was so proud of the kids, they did great without us and even though I had been pretty nervous about leaving I was amazingly relaxed once we got to the island. I can definitely say I was glad the kids were at home though or I REALLY wouldn't have wanted to leave!

We went with our good friends Bob and Marisa who also celebrate their 10-year anniversary this year! At the "Dragon's teeth" lava formation
At the Nakalele blowhole, which was amazing. It was Chris's favorite, he kept telling everyone they had to go see the blowhole and maybe they would catch a skull . . . ask him about it he'll fill you in on the whole story.
Breakfast at our hotel - gorgeous! It was completely open there were birds flying around, I loved it! I also liked the penguins, parrots and other birds that lived at the hotel.
Chris and I at the crater. We hiked a few miles down into the crater on the sliding sands trail, it was like a lunar landscape. We were filthy from the sand and out of breath climbing straight up at over 10,000 feet! Chris practically sprinted at the end to catch up to this little girl who was trucking. He finally beat her because her mom made her take a break. :)
Me amongst cool tropical scenery. At Iao Valley State Park.
Truly an amazing trip, we loved spending time together, being at the beach and exploring the beautiful island! Ready to plan the next trip . .. with the kids this time I think!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]