Friday, July 09, 2010

 

The Big 2!

href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEj7EIXMUMpOgWCZv_X1M-GaGj0QwgtREHVYgnOH3nfpbvdbpxJvsRjnrLOp5vR3M_am_XZezbQ2yaNX9M9ngskk-HuBtJROPV1ApURBENaA9XzKaLWNkYFCkpXfpxyKrzOn6JVh/s1600/DSC05974.JPG"> Happy Birthday to you!
Brooks looks a little stunned that it's his birthday. Crazy kid didn't even want his ice cream sundae so I had to eat it - I love it when that happens!
The Johnsons and Morens with the one party favor I actually managed to buy - blowouts! They were a huge hit - 8 kids 24 blowouts and we could definitely have used more!
Two is a great age, Brooks is really verbal just like Skylar and is constantly saying "look at me mommy!" and tattling on his sister! We had a little pizza party for him with our neighbors and just a few friends, it was perfect and easy. Skylar asked questions like would she be getting a present when everyone left (goody bag) and where the party hats were but it was definitely not that kind of party! In fact Brooks was still in his jammie shirt (Chris had him during the day and I didn't realize until later that he was either 1) still wearing what he wore to bed the night before or 2) Chris just liked the jammie shirt as put it on him as a regular shirt) oh well! Brooks had really no desire to open his presents which completely frustrated Skylar. He got this Home Depot tool bench (thanks Nana!) that was unwrapped and ready to go so he didn't want to waste the effort and actually open anything else up. He finally broke down after much begging and pleading on Skylar's part and opened his presents up around 2 in the afternoon.
Hilarious picture of Brooks in a Skylar sandwich!
A boy and his power tools . . .
Ummm, I don't think that's how that toy is supposed to be used.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]