Tuesday, March 10, 2009

 

March Madness

Skylar's cool scraped nose (and lots of purple lip gloss)! Check out my teeth!
Since my last posting life has been busy! We celebrated Chris's 37th birthday last week . . . inching ever so much closer to 40! We had the neighbors over to bbq and have a fire to roast s'mores. The kids loved it, and thankfully no one was seriously injured! I need to remember that open fires, hot sticky marshmallows and sharp pointy pokers that get really hot are not a good mix with the 2-3 year old crowd. Mostly the kids enjoyed gathering sticks to help Chris with the fire and we all know that Chris likes to burn things up!

Our weekend was great with the exception of an hour or so on Saturday night. I took the kids to the grocery store when Chris was at work. While I was there I let Brooks have my keys to keep him occupied. Well, by the time I got back to the car he had completely waterlogged my security key which was no longer working. I thought I could open the door manually and that the alarm would go off once I stuck the key in the ignition, but NO! The alarm continued to wail and the car wouldn't start. Meanwhile, Chris is at work 30 minutes away and we had seen our neighbors leaving for a b-day party before we went to the store. Good thing they were home when I called and were able to rescue us and the groceries! The key works again now that it has dried off and I've vowed not to let Brooks get ahold of them again!

Here are a few pics from the weekend. The weather was awesome so the kids helped clean out the cooler from the bbq and Skylar decided it was almost as good as a pool! Brooks has discovered the cat food and water dish in the kitchen as well as pulling magazines and books off the bookshelves! See the video of him crawling down below!
Brooks checking out the soda cans and getting nice and muddy in the cool water! Skylar in her "ghetto pool." There are commercials for Schlitterbahn (a water park) each summer where the kids have a little pool in the backyard and the hose and they're watching a commercial for the water park through the window of the house . . . this reminds me of their commercial but she did seem to be having fun!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]