Monday, September 01, 2008
Multi-tasking
First day of school - cheese!
Two kiddos is definitely keeping us busy! Skylar started back to her dance classes last week and had her first day of preschool on Friday so I'm already getting a taste of the soccer mom I will become . . . Skylar absolutely loved going to school which I knew she would! She had met her teachers Ms. Allison and Ms. Francis earlier in the week and was so excited to see them again and to get to play with all the other kids. I expected she would like it but she wasn't at all excited to see me when I got there, in fact she wanted me to leave so she could stay and keep playing. Oh well, at least she's independent - and I know she likes me at least some of the time!
Sky feeding Brooks another bottle . . . Chris made me mad by accidentally defrosting too many bags of milk. Now he knows that breastmilk is more valuable than gold in our house!
It's nice to spend some alone time with Brooks too. He's really fun and social in the mornings with lots of talking and smiling. He always saves the biggest smiles for Skylar (or sometimes the fan).
It is funny how some days I feel like I'm really getting my groove on with the both of them and other days I can't keep up with them - everybody (including Mom) needs something at the same time. The other day we went for our after dinner walk, I had Brooks in the stroller and was walking Ronin. Half-way through the walk Sky takes a nasty tumble and scrapes up her knees and elbows pretty good so of course she wants to be on my shoulders. Ugh! I had to push the huge stroller, manage Ronin and carry a 32 lb crying drama queen on my shoulders (plus Ronin, who hardly ever poops on our walk took a nice big one so I was also carrying around a smelly bag of poop - joy!). I have a feeling there are going to be quite a few more moments like that in the near future!
Everyone pray for Chris . . . I'm starting back to work this week and will be leaving him to handle the household all by himself for a few hours a week. I'm sure he will be doing lots of play dates with his friend Scott (if he's not too scared to leave the house with 2 kids that is!).
Daddy getting his baby to sleep!
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]
