Saturday, August 16, 2008
Darn Olympics
Brooks got his first few bottles this week (and I got a to work out - yeah!) and had no confusion or trouble adjusting. Skylar got a kick out of feeding him - I'm sure we've moved on from excitement over the diaper change to excitement over feeding the baby!
We found out this week that the little cold we thought Brooks had is actually reflux - sort of like baby heartburn. We could hear a gurgling in his throat/chest that sounded like he was congested but he never had a runny nose or anything. He also had a few projectile spit ups that freaked me out and of course they never happened when Chris was at home. He also had a few fussy days that were probably attributed to gas and reflux pain. The doctor said this is very common because of the shape of baby's stomachs and his case doesn't require any treatment (except little things like an elevated bed and extra burping) at this point.
Tummy time!
Nights have not been too terribly bad so far. I would feel a lot better if I would go to sleep at a decent hour instead of staying up watching the Olympics every night - I can't help myself from getting sucked in though! Oh well, they will be over soon and then I can go to bed at 9 if I want to . . .
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]