Tuesday, May 22, 2007
Six on the Beach
This weekend I went to Corpus Christi with six friends to run the Armed Forces Day Beach to Bay Marathon (OK - actually it's relay marathon - 4.5 miles a piece, but that doesn't sound quite as hard!). We had a great time and finished in 4 hours 12 minutes! I am bummed though, it was my first post-Skylar weekend away and I didn't even get to sleep in, in fact we had to get up at 4 in the morning to make it to our starting locations! The benefit to getting up that early was that I got to see a beautiful sunrise over the water!
We definitely made up all the calories we burned off running by eating a ton! We actually decided that next year we'll change our name from "Six on the Beach" to the more appropriate "Chips on the Beach."Chris and Skylar had a fun weekend together, they had a play date with two of Chris' friends and their kids, went to a party, and went swimming. He wanted to make sure he tired her out so she would sleep and he could relax! No pictures from their weekend, Dad is a slacker in the photo department!
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]