Monday, October 02, 2006
Walking!!

Skylar has been taking steps now for about a month and is starting to get more comfortable on her own two feet! Crawling is still easier for her and much faster so she still relies on her knees to get her where she wants to go (unless Mom is around to lend her a finger to hold on to - we spend whole afternoons exploring that way). We expect she will really take off any time now. I'm not sure why I was so anxious for her to get moving . . . now she is sooo busy and into everything! She had her 1 year appointment last week (22 pounds, 30 inches; Chris and I now believe she's ours as she is in the 75th percentile and not continuing in the 95th percentile) and even her doctor commented on how active she is.
In other news, I am having my tooth (front tooth ugh!) pulled tomorrow. This is the tooth that was knocked out by the infamous tether ball pole back in '89 for those of you who remember (that 3/19!). I'm scared, and even though I know I will be really cute without it, I definitely won't be putting any pictures of my new smile up on the blog.
Chris is also making a change to his appearance. For the past few weeks he has been growing/trying to grow a mustache for a station contest. We think he's in the running for the worst mustache! He has so many different looks going it makes me laugh; shaved head, weird "mustache", big tattoo, surf trunks, black socks etc. Anyway, I'll keep you informed of his progress in the contest (I know you'll be on the edge of your seat!).
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]