Sunday, August 06, 2006
Summer Fun with Skylar

Several friends have started blogs to keep everyone updated on current events in their lives . . . I always enjoy reading them and seeing the pictures and I thought it would be a good way to keep in touch. So here goes . . .
We have had a really great summer. Skylar and I started it off with a trip to San Diego and Santa Barbara. We saw lots of friends and family while we were there and went to the beach a few times with the grandmas. I discovered that Skylar is an awesome traveler! Slept great, no crying yeah!
I took Skylar to her first swim lessons when we got back. She is like a little fish in the water, we take her swimming now a few times a week. The city is keeping the pool by our house open year-around now yeah! My sister gave her a floatie with a shade that she loves! She ignores Chris and I when we are at the pool and just cruises around in her floatie and visits all the other kids (and the cute lifeguards - what a flirt!).

Chris has been keeping up with ju jit su . . . he hasn't been choked out lately (yes, that did happen) so we know he's getting better. He also participated in the Texas Firefighter Olympics a few weeks ago. His soccer team took the silver (go AFD!).
My friends and I have started a playgroup that meets about twice a month. The kids range from almost 3 years to 6 months and they all get along really well. It has been fun (probably more so for us moms). We also started watching each others kids so every couple gets a date night at least once a month. Chris and I have been to the movies and dinner both times - yes I know we lead exciting lives!
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]